I am attempting to complete Project 365 in 2016. This involves taking one photograph every day of the year. In order to bring some unity to the project, I have decided that I will meet the following conditions:
- All photographs will be taken on a mobile phone.
- All photographs will be processed as monochrome images in Instagram.
- All photographs will be square even though Instagram now allows for them to be rectangular.
- All photographs will be uploaded to this blog as well as to my Flickr photostream and to Instagram.
I have two mobile phones:
- Meizu M2 Note which runs Android.
- Nokia 640 which runs Windows.
The Meizu is my main phone with the Nokia as back up. I have the Instagram app on both phones. However the Windows version of Instagram is described as a beta and has not been updated for about 18 months. It lacks many of the features of the Android version. I expect that most of my Project 365 photographs will be taken and processed on the Meizu.
I have completed Project 365 on two previous occasions:
- The first time was between 29th December 2007 and 28th December 2008. The photographs from this are at http://bit.ly/1Oti9My. I did not impose any special conditions on myself for this first attempt - I just took a photograph every day with whatever implement was to hand.
- The second time was between 1st April 2011 and 31st March 2012. The resulting photographs are at http://bit.ly/1IEFL4M. For this challenge, I took all of the photographs with a mobile phone using the Vignette for Android app.
This is the first time that I have attempted to keep a blog to accompany the project. It is being hosted on Blogger. I have used Blogger before but not for about three years and so I have to get my head around using it again. There might be a few rough edges as I learn my way around again.